- Depression is the difference between reality and your perception of it.
- Happiness is the difference between reality and your perception of it.
It’s all in how you look at things. It’s up to you to be happy. If you don’t feel like it, fake it ‘till you make it! Smile and be nice 🙂 Before long, you’ll feel happy and cheerful!
Things don’t make you happy. Just like money can’t buy you love, it can’t buy happiness either. We have everything we need in life to make us happy but we don’t realize it or appreciate it. Look around and find the little things that bring a smile to your face. Happiness is a state of mind!
- Don’t look for things that are out of your control to bring you happiness. Happiness comes from within.
- Don’t wait for life’s circumstances to be perfect to be happy. Life is never going to be perfect but laugh and be happy anyway 🙂
- Have an “attitude of gratitude.” Being thankful for what you have will make you happier.
- Be forgiving, to everyone. I know it’s hard but you can do it! I have faith in you!
- Don’t dwell on negative things. Think “happy thoughts.” Make the choice to be happy.
- Talk to someone. That may sound silly, but you’ll feel better after some human interaction. I don’t mean texting, tweeting, or facebooking. I mean speaking out loud face to face with another person 🙂
- Get busy! Do something! Be productive! Find something to do and do it. You’ll feel better and be happier.
- Get enough sleep. It’s amazing the fresh outlook you’ll have on life after a good night’s rest.
- Go outside! It’s God’s beautiful world out there for you to enjoy! Run around a little bit! Exercise will boost your mood and make you feel happier as well.
It’s not about you. It’s easy to forget that life isn’t all about you. Try thinking of yourself and your circumstances less and think about others more. Don’t worry so much about what you look like or your clothes or your hair or whatever you worry about. Relax!